CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jump like a Frog - Leap Day 2012

HAPPY LEAP DAY!
29th February 2012

So weird to write the 29th February.... considering that it doesn't come around very often. Strange and confusing. But that could just be me as well. :P
So weird that it's the last day of February!
This year is going by so crazy fast! Two months already gone?!
Only ten months left to go...

Well, I'm procrastinating on getting the outline for my speech for next week done... Why am I having such a hard time getting this speech written? XD

Random fact for this blog: Did you know that approximately 90% of kids who're born deaf are born to hearing parents and only around 5% of those kids have parents who actually will learn sign. The fact that most parents expect their kids to speak, end up putting their kids in the middle - without a culture, because they really won't fit into Deaf Culture, and the sure don't fit into Hearing Culture either. :( Makes me sad that parents wouldn't do all they could to communicate better with their kids. I know for a fact that when I have kids, I'm going to sign, whether they're deaf or not!

Anyways, just something to talk about. Definitely made me think when I first found that out. -nods-

Anyways, I'm going to go and do my Anthropology reading now, and then get dinner. Before I head out tonight for my weekly thing that I do with one of my friends. I really should be doing my research and speech planning, as that, to me, seems more important than the Anthro reading... but that's just me.
I want to be prepared for it on Monday. Why did I say I wanted to go on the first day?! Maybe because at the time I thought it would be good to just get it done and out of the way?
I'm MENTAL!
Yeah, I'm just stating the obvious, I know that much. Haha!
Anyone who knows me, will know that I am mental, but I embrace the insanity. :P
Life is so much more fun without ones sanity! :D
And I'm not really sure why I'm writing it like this, in a weird funky style. -shrug-
Just another sign to show how out of it I feel. >.< Heh!


Much love to you all! <3


I'm off to try to convince myself to get offline (If I'm not going to do my research for my speech) and if I do stay online, that I need to get something PRODUCTIVE done! Yeah, productive, and not procrastinate anymore than I already am.

I need to stop putting my Doctorate in Procrastination to use... and put it on the back shelf for awhile. I need to catch up to where I need to be.

DARNED fingers! RAN away from me... Ok, realy going now!

Bye for now, from a finally COLD and rainy (well, not at the moment but we did get a bit more rain! :D) California!

xoxo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is sad how some parents of deaf children just won't learn to sign and insist on trying to teach the kids to lip read. I've seen it with nursing and it's an issue that's been around for ages...I was watching Baywatch (Yes I was bored that was the ONLY reason why I was watching that show) and there was a mother of a deaf child who had A LOT of trouble with her frustrated child and didn't want her daughter to go into the sign classes. It was so sad, it was like everyone but her could see how learning to sign and therefore being able to communicate was JUST what the child needed. Sigh, hopefully with great people like you doing and learning what you are the gap will close an no longer will people feel "out of place

(for some reason it never lets me leave comments with my wordpress account but you know who I am)
-The Aussie Yarn Cat